Saturday, October 18, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Saturday, July 20, 2013
The award winning Oakland Youth Orchestra is holding its second round of auditions for new members in August 2013. Full details, applications and required excerpts can be found on oyo.org As someone who is a vibrant part of the Bay Area's music community, we wanted to let you know about our upcoming auditions and hope you will help us get the word out.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Click here to register
The Open House will feature:
• Family fun in the Opera House lobby, including a scavenger hunt, costume displays, and arts and crafts projects like creating props from Carmen and designing costumes from Tosca.
• A makeup project inspired by the War Memorial Opera House.
• An opera photo booth where you can try on a costume piece and pose on a piece of scenery!
• Screenings of Carmen for Families—The Movie! with a live introduction, from 11am–12:15pm and 1:05pm–2:20pm. Stars will be signing autographs after each screening!
• Enter to win an exclusive backstage tour the day of the Open House.
• War Memorial food and refreshment concessions, as well as the San Francisco Opera Shop, will be open.
San Francisco Opera's November 10 Community Open House is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required, however registering online will enter you in a random drawing to complimentary tickets to a production of your choice! Choose between:
• Two tickets to Tosca
• Two tickets to one of our Summer 2013 operas
• Four tickets to The Secret Garden at Cal Performances
The War Memorial Opera House is located at 301 Van Ness Avenue at Grove Street in San Francisco. Patrons are encouraged to use public transportation to attend San Francisco Opera events. The War Memorial Opera House is within walking distance of the Civic Center BART station and near numerous bus lines, including 5, 21, 47, 49 and the F Market Street. For more public transportation information, visit bart.gov and sfmuni.com.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
The position of Principal Bassoon in the Peninsula Symphony will be open beginning late in the 2011-12 Season. The Peninsula Symphony is a community orchestra, performing pairs of concerts with internationally recognized soloists at the Flint Center in Cupertino and San Mateo Performing Arts Center (now under renovation) as well as at Stanford University, the Fox Theater in Redwood City, and other locations on the San Francisco Peninsula
We have tentatively scheduled an audition for the evening of Monday, October 3, 2011 . Candidates will be asked to play a solo selection of their choice and four orchestral excerpts. If you are interested in participating, please email for further information. Please include a brief list of your previous orchestral experience. I will send the complete audition info (including sheet music for the four orchestral excerpts) and schedule a time for your audition. For further information about the Peninsula Symphony, please go to peninsulasymphony.org.
Mitchell Sardou Klein, Music Director
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I am posting this to let you all know that my dad ( Rufus Olivier) will be performing at the Dinklespiel auditorium at Stanford University on Friday May 13, 2011.@ 8 p.m
The Woodwind Quintet’s program will include Darius Milhaud’s La Cheminée du roi René, Robert Muczynski’s Duos for Flute and Clarinet, Paul Hindemith’s Kleine Kammermusk, and other selections.
Hope to see you there!
His first born:-)