Friday, May 4, 2007

Bassoon Talk

I have set up this blog for the benefit of bassoon students that have questions concerning any aspect of bassoon playing. I do not have all the answers but as a community, perhaps we will all benefit. No question is too silly to ask. With the help of other bassoonists we can find a solution to your problem, or at least discuss all of the solutions as a community. All are welcome at every stage of playing from beginner to professionals. Feel free to post your upcoming concerts and recitals, this site is for you!


Rufus Olivier Jr.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so cool!
I have a question, what are the best tools for making reeds?

Bassoonman said...

You can buy tools as a kit from forrest, I t should have all the tools you need to get started

R.O.

Anonymous said...

If you use GSP cane you need a forming mandrel, razor blade, wire, measuring device, fingernail clippers to cut wire, needle nosed pliers, package twine & cyanoacrylate. If you want to know how to use these tools you need to take a reed lesson. Lawrence Rhodes........
primobassoon@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I need to ship a bassoon across the country. How is this done? Do you put extra padding inside the case (towels?), then packing material on the outside of the case inside a exterior cardboard shipping box, or ?

Thanks,
Tim

Beverly said...

I recently purchased "Melodious & Progressive Studies" by Alan Hawkins and found in book 2 a wonderful fingering chart that Alan put together. I bought 15 to give to my students. Love this fingering chart!!